May 22, 2009

From a F.A.R.M.er's Loose Leaf Notes

Mafe Revilla-Memije of Vancouver, Canada, writes about F.A.R.M. while she awaits her 100-piece collection. We are beyond words...

"F.A.R.M. stands for Fabulously Absolutely Rural Made. F.A.R.M. has innovative and very inspiring designs. It is unique, cute and chic. It ranges from simple to the sublime ones. Do you know what I like most about F.A.R.M. buttons bracelets? Each piece adorns a woman’s wrist so stunningly and beautifully without giving away any show-offs nor any flamboyant impression and whatsoever. Possibly because F.A.R.M. has a natural appeal of exquisiteness, there is a presence of organic element in it and it has an effortless style and sophistication. Its assortment of colors does not make you feel overdressed or flashy at all. But it simply gives any woman an utter flattery, lifts her mood, brings color, and definitely enhances her fashion sense.

F.A.R.M. has a look of vintage fashion, not to mention it commemorates history. I thought others would enjoy wearing a small piece of history as much as I do. I’m probably a hard critic to please. But the moment I saw them, I was instantly drawn to this beautiful creation and fell in love with it. The color combination is superb. They are just so pretty and attractive in a very dainty way. Each piece is truly unique and each is one-of-a-kind. Each bracelet includes a distinctive variety of old, used, discarded, collected, sorted, retrieved, and even rummaged ones! F.A.R.M. buttons bracelets are exclusively designed and elaborately created by a lady named Bidibidi. Every piece is artistically handcrafted by Bidibidi. Her choices of patterns, colors, contrasts and combinations reflects her impeccable taste in arts and they absolutely show a fabulous and inspired craftsmanship.

I love the fact that F.A.R.M. originates from a hometown Baao, a small-rural town in Bicol where I grew up. I also love the fact that F.A.R.M. has a story to tell. It is about women who live modest and simple lives, yet with big hearts and big dreams. That each bracelet is made by great women with dedication. Women who are dignified, resilient, diligent, and hardworking. Who believes, shares and supports a common cause. F.A.R.M. signifies women empowerment. It rekindles friendship. It brings joy. It links connections, interactions and relations among family, friends, old-friends, classmates, colleagues, acquaintances, even neighbors. It blossoms women and bonds them into a genuine sisterhood-relationships. I am totally touched by the impact of it. I felt that I am connected to some women whom I have never even met. Each piece reminds me of my inner feminine side, my fashion sense, my childhood, my alma mater, my humble beginnings, of where I came from and my ancestral roots."

Read the full article. Thank you Mafe.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thanks for your nasty comment. No haters are allowed here. From now on we will be moderating comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe F.A.R.M.ers rise above nasty comments. we never allow people to put us down. nasty comments are but products of a green-eyed monster with a peabrain. must be wetting his/her pants that we are doing sooooooooo good. and to hide behind anonymity is a sign of weakness and cowardice. Go plant kamote! While we go F.A.R.M.ing!

    ReplyDelete