April 20, 2010

F.A.R.M. on a Writer's Blog!

We are thrilled to the highest level! Just learned that F.A.R.M. got a special spot on a professional writer's blog - Sa Dulang ni Deedee!

"I am a freelance writer, doing integrated communications work. For the past 20 years, I have written news articles, feature stories, advertising copies, annual reports, technical manuals, on varied subjects. Writing is my passion, so I will continue doing so until I come up with my first book, perhaps before I turn half a decade. Allow me to share with you life’s stories, whether mine or those of others. I hope the stories you read here inspire you, because sharing them with you gives me pleasure no end." Check out Sa Dulang ni Deedee

Here's what she wrote about F.A.R.M.:

A good friend gave me a bracelet in one of the Christmas parties I went to recently. The only thing I am requested to do, he told me, is to email a photo of it on me. And so, I did, and decided to write a short note about it.

F.A.R.M. is an acronym for Fabulously and Absolutely Rural-Made.

At the back of its product label is written:

“My F.A.R.M. bracelet carries with it a love story…a story of a mother who suffers in silence becasue she cannot send her child to school…a wife who quits her job to provide health care for a sick husband…a daughter who has to earn so she wouldn’s ask for allowance from her mom.
My F.A.R.M. bracelet is about love…my love for my art and my environment. It is about recycling, re-purposing, refining and re-finding things. It is about glorifying the old and the vintage. Each bracelet is one of a kind and is made from used or discarded buttons.”

Check them out: http://farmbaao.blogspot.com


Seeing F.A.R.M. on women of real substance is certainly a pat on the back for us! Thank you Ms. Deedee from the button of our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment