February 3, 2010

The F.A.R.M. Story

"My earnings from making F.A.R.M. bracelets go to my children's education. I earn a lot now compared before. When I started working for F.A.R.M., I was able to save some money. I was also able to invest in rice farming because of F.A.R.M." - Emily


"I came to Manay B when I was in 4th year high school. My mom wanted me to stop school because my sister was attending college then and resources were not enough. My friend, Cathy, mentioned that there was somebody willing to send students to school so I grabbed the opportunity because I really did not want to give up my studies. If I stopped studying and started working, it would be hard for me to go back to school." - Grace


Award-winning writer and director Ray Defante Gibraltar documents the F.A.R.M. story in an interesting 20-minute film. Co-produced by F.A.R.M.ers Teresa Salah and Matt Ballesteros, the documentary will leave people thinking, "what have I done to help my community?"



A second preview is happening at the Buttons to Hope Meeting on February 6 at the Kopi Tiam Restaurant, Quezon City. Take part. We will see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment